Thursday 17 January 2013

Rimmel Match Perfection review..


I've been wanting this foundation for a little while now, I've seen a good handful of bloggers reviewing it and singing it's praises. I knew, from what they've all said it would be perfect for me.. and I wasn't wrong! 

It was just a normal Tuesday afternoon and I decided to my online Asda shop, and whilst doing so I thought I'd get myself some new hair products and have a browse in the beauty category and that's when I spotted 'Rimmel Match Perfection'... for only £5! 
Obviously I almost choked on my tea at it only being a fiver, (considering the lowest I think I've seen it elsewhere was about £6.99?) and theoretically threw it into my online shopping basket.

So anyway, as soon as it arrived I decided I needed to try it RIGHT THEN. (And, of course, I did ;) ) 



As you can see, it comes in a sleek little glass bottle, which I actually love. I know glass is breakable, but I much prefer it to the squeezey tubes of foundation, I tend to lend on them or they get squashed in my make up bag and can leak everywhere!
This is a pump bottle, and its great because it doesn't seem to push the foundation out too fast, despite it being rather watery. It's good  because it minimises the wastage. Nothing worse than having a lump of left over foundation when you've done your face!


I chose the colour 'Ivory' shade 100, because I've gone very pale since winter's come, and I've been struggling to get any foundation that doesn't make me go orange or give me dry patches all over my face. As you can see on my hand, once rubbed in it looked slightly orange tinted, but it certainly evened out on my face and was't orange at all :).

(excuse my crazy face, I can't take serious pictures!)
As you can see on my cheek close up, there was a spot covered up which was really red before hand, the foundation covered it quite well for what it was, I think! (BTW the 'top' spot is actually a freckle so ignore that haha)



It's quite watery, I personally love that and think that it's a bonus because it is a lot easier to blend. My pet hate is foundation that dries before you've got chance to smooth it all out, which gives you an uneven coloured face. 
The coverage of this was also fab, I didn't do a before picture of my face with this (which i really probably should have, sorry!) but as you can see on my hand, it really gave my skin a smooth and even tone, covered all redness, blemishes and spots! 
On the bottle it states that it is SPF 18, now I know that doesn't mean much right now considering it's so dull, dark and snowy outside lately, but come summer time it's brilliant. I've definitely found my new favourite foundation, I'm really impressed with it.. lets just hope when it does get to summer, this foundation holds up well in the heat. That'd make it a complete winner!

Anyone else tried this?

12 comments:

  1. I was just swatching this, it looks lovely! Rimmel are on a roll with their new foundation releases!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I actually look forward to using this now, it's so easy to work with too xxx

      Delete
  2. I have, like you kept seeing this around but definitely not for a fiver. Liquid foundations I have ever used dont cover up my blemishes and acne scars but it looks like this may. Thanks for sharing :)

    Mel x
    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, i'm sur eyou will love it if you get chance to try it! xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like it matches your skin well :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i've already had a couple of compliments while out and about because of my 'clear skin'! xx

      Delete
  4. i really like the way that that product looks on your skin!!! i might go pick some up too

    new follower :)

    www.thebechtholts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. £5 is a bargain for it! I always hear good things about Rimmel foundations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello im a new follower!

    www.countrybumpkinlover.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review! the foundation looks really good :D

    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Today I reached 200 followers on my blog and I wrote a post including you and your blog to thank you for nominating me for the liebster award.

    http://charlotte-lauren.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/personal-post-200-followers-liebster.html

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good review,

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete